Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a web hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a look at these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to create a web page, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain vendors, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages often involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely false explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the workload between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share an enormous amount of images with chums or partners since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mailbox accounts. Some firms offer web space hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you desire to keep an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a web site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At IES, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content exclusively.